Monday, August 29, 2011

Lady Gaga’s alter ego, Jo Calderone, performs at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

If you thought Lady Gaga couldn’t outdo herself after wearing a dress made out of meat to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, you are mistaken. At tonight’s 2011 awards, Gaga baffled crowds by appearing as alter ego Jo Calderone.

Calderone is hardly a lady—“he” describes himself as a guy from New Jersey whose family hails from Palermo, Italy. In stark contrast to Gaga’s racy, feminine frocks, Calderone has short, black, dare I say greasy hair, wears a white jersey tee under a dark, ill-fitting suit, speaks with a deep voice, and smokes incessantly.

In addition to opening the show by performing Gaga’s latest single, “You and I”, Calderone appeared topresent Britney Spears with an award that paid homage to her impressive career, all the while making rather unladylike comments.

“Britney taught me how to be fearless…she taught us all how to be fearless. She is a pop music legend, and the industry would not be the same without her,” Calderone began benignly, before adding, “I used to hang posters of her on my wall and touch myself while I was lying in bed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment